Sharing your photos and videos
We would like to see the international digital humanities conference through your eyes and invite you to share your experience of DH2015 with others. We are seeking photos and videos that capture the real experience of DH2015. If you are happy to share your photos with the conference, please use the hashtag #DH2015, follow @DH_UWS on Instagram and tag @DH_UWS in your photos. It would be great if you could hashtag your area of interest in digital humanities too.
Have you already uploaded some great DH2015 photos or videos? Just add the hashtag #DH2015 and @DH_UWS in a comment on your photo or video as well as follow @DH_UWS. You can also post or repost old photos to Instagram using #DH2015 and @DH_UWS.
Selected Instagram photos using the hashtag #DH2015, will be published on the conference website and the uwsconnect digital screens around campus, so keep an eye out for your photo during DH2015!
DH2015 Instagram Campaign Terms and Conditions
The Digital Humanities Research Group at the University of Western Sydney (“UWS”) invites conference delegates to contribute photographs and videos depicting digital humanities at UWS via the Instagram® application for the purpose of promoting the conference worldwide (“Campaign”).
- To submit a photo or video and participate in the Campaign, you must:(a) Be a delegate of DH2015;
(b) Create a user account on Instagram;
(c) Follow @DH_UWS on Instagram® by pressing the “follow” button on the DH_UWS Instagram® profile page;
(d) Take a photo or video depicting the digital humanities conference at UWS and upload the photo or video to your Instagram account;
(e) Tag @DH_UWS in the comment field of the photo or video; and
(f) Tag #DH2015 in the comment field of the photo or video.
- Upon completion of all of the steps outlined in Clause 2, your photo or video will be deemed to have been submitted to UWS for the purpose of the Campaign (your “Submission”).
- By following @DH_UWS on Instagram®, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
- You grant to UWS a non-exclusive, perpetual, world-wide and royalty-free licence to use your Submission for the purpose of promoting the conference.
- Without limiting the generality of Clause 4, Submissions may be edited or modified and published by UWS on Instagram®, Facebook®, Twitter®, UWS websites, advertising and marketing material; both on campus and externally, in print and online.
- You acknowledge that the selection of Submissions for publication by UWS is at UWS’ absolute discretion.
- You warrant that the Submission is an original work created solely by you and that the Submission does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy or intellectual property rights of any other person or entity and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Submission.
- If your Submission depicts an identifiable image of yourself or your voice, you permit UWS to use your image/voice for the purpose described in Clause 4. You hereby waive any claim for payment for use of your image, voice or Submission. You hereby waive any right that you may have to inspect or approve the finished product and the advertising or promotional copy or other matter that may be used in connection with your image/voice or Submission or the use to which it may be applied. You hereby release UWS from any infringement or violation of personal and or property rights of any sort whatsoever based upon the use of your image/voice.
- Where your Submission contains the identifiable image or voice of any third party, you warrant that you have obtained the releases and consents referred to in Clause 9 in respect of each third party and you indemnify UWS in respect of any breach of this warranty. UWS reserves the right to request proof of third party releases at any time.
- UWS reserves the right to moderate and disqualify from the Campaign any Submission which, in UWS’ absolute discretion, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory content or does not comply with these terms or conditions.
- You acknowledge and agree that UWS may publish your name, course of study, Instagram® username and/or profile picture in connection with the publication of your Submission.
- You release UWS (and its employees, agents and subsidiaries) from and against any liability, claim or action of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with your Submission or your participation in the Campaign.